Mission & Core Values
As a community resource, the Ypsilanti District Library's mission is to enrich life, stimulate intellectual curiosity, foster literacy, and encourage an informed citizenry.
- Public Trust: We commit to being fiscally responsible with public resources, to protecting patron confidentiality, and to providing safe, well-maintained and accessible facilities.
- Equal Access: We believe in equal access to all YDL resources.
- Diversity: We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our community through our collections, services and staff.
- Excellent Service: We commit to excellent service by providing accurate and reliable information in a respectful interaction between well-trained, friendly and efficient staff and all members of our community.
- Outreach and Partnership: We will actively develop partnerships and joint activities with community groups to further the YDL mission.
- Idea Gathering Place: As an idea-gathering place, the library promotes the democratic ideals of intellectual freedom by providing or a free exchange of information and ideas from a wide variety of viewpoints.
Delicious: a novel
By Ruth Reichl
Working as a public relations hotline consultant for a once-prestigious culinary magazine, Billie Breslin unexpectedly enters a world of New York restaurateurs and artisanal purveyors while reading World War II letters exchanged between a plucky twelve-year-old and James Beard.