Mission & Core Values
As a community resource, the Ypsilanti District Library's mission is to enrich life, stimulate intellectual curiosity, foster literacy, and encourage an informed citizenry.
- Public Trust: We commit to being fiscally responsible with public resources, to protecting patron confidentiality, and to providing safe, well-maintained and accessible facilities.
- Equal Access: We believe in equal access to all YDL resources.
- Diversity: We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our community through our collections, services and staff.
- Excellent Service: We commit to excellent service by providing accurate and reliable information in a respectful interaction between well-trained, friendly and efficient staff and all members of our community.
- Outreach and Partnership: We will actively develop partnerships and joint activities with community groups to further the YDL mission.
- Idea Gathering Place: As an idea-gathering place, the library promotes the democratic ideals of intellectual freedom by providing or a free exchange of information and ideas from a wide variety of viewpoints.
By Kreba, Brian
"In Spam Nation, investigative journalist and cybersecurity expert Brian Krebs unmasks the criminal masterminds driving some of the biggest operations targeting your bank accounts. Tracing the rise, fall, and alarming resurrection of the digital mafia behind the two largest spam pharmacies -- and countless viruses, phishing, and spyware attacks -- he delivers the definitive narrative of this global problem and its threat to consumers everywhere."