We invite you to join us for YDL’s 150th Anniversary Gala
When six Ypsilanti women gathered in 1868 to start a lending library, they could scarcely have imagined the library we have today. At YDL you can experience a museum-quality exhibit, learn to navigate your smartphone, research your family tree, practice for an exam, or watch your child program a robot. Join us to celebrate YDL’s legacy and dream of what the next 150 years might bring.
Held at the historic Ypsilanti Freighthouse (which is ten years younger than the library!) the Gala promises to be a memorable night supporting a great cause—your library. The Gala will feature:
- Professional storyteller La’Ron Williams reflecting on the power of libraries and of stories to unite and transform communities,
- Music from the Keith Gamble Jazz Ensemble,
- Dinner, drinks, and desserts from local vendors,
- A silent auction featuring unique items and experiences from all over Michigan.
The silent auction will feature dozens of items donated by library supporters and local businesses.
- A weekend at Mackinac Island’s Grand Hotel
- A private tour for 20 of the Ypsilanti Water Tower
- A VIP experience at Thunder Over Michigan
- Golf packages at Radrick Farms and Pine View
- Tickets to the Henry Ford, Purple Rose Theatre, Yankee Air Museum, Hands On Museum, Ypsilanti Symphony Orchestra, Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra, and more!
You can shop the silent auction at the Gala, or have us do your shopping for you even if you can’t attend!
Donna DeButts – Patricia J. Horne McGee – Robert and Mary Jane Ferrett – Angela Moloney and William Alt – Rev. Jasper and Carole Pennington – Brian Steimel – Kay and Karl Williams – Washtenaw Literacy
Friday, June 8
100 Market Place
Tickets may be purchased online or by mailing a check to Ypsilanti District Library, 5577 Whittaker Road, Ypsilanti MI 48197. Please make checks payable to the Ypsilanti District Library.
Ypsi Real – Phoenix Contractors – Friends of the Ypsilanti Freighthouse – Library Design Associates – Stites Financial – Cueter Chrysler Jeep Dodge – The Village at St. Joes
For information on becoming a sponsor please contact Gillian Ream Gainsley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 734-879-1303.