The African American Authors Book Discussion Group will be awarding book scholarships to area high school seniors who plan to attend college/trade school in the fall. This book group has been meeting at the Ypsilanti District Library for decades, and is pleased to be able to pass on their love of books in the form of a scholarship to help a student from the Ypsilanti area pay for textbooks in the fall.
The deadline for the return of the application is April 12, 2019.
2019 AAABDG TEXTBOOK SCHOLARSHIP
The African American Authors Book Discussion Group (AAABDG) is offering a $300 textbook scholarship to a 2019 graduating senior who meets the following qualification requirements:
- Submit the completed application by the deadline – April 12, 2019
- Must be a 2019 high school graduate
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must submit an official high school transcript
- Must submit two letters of recommendations from either a teacher, counselor, employer, or clergy
- Must submit one to two page essay that includes future plans, why you should receive this scholarship, and why you believe reading is important
Recipients will be chosen based on completed essay and application.
All materials must be submitted by April 12, 2019. If you are the recipient of this scholarship, you will be notified by the third week of April. If you are the recipient, you must submit a letter of acceptance from a two/four year college, university, or vocational/technical school, before receiving the award. The scholarship awards will be presented in the spring of 2019, at the AAABDG meeting at the Ypsilanti District Library on Whittaker Road.
Please send your completed application to:
AAABDG c/o C. Backey
47 North Hewitt Rd
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Questions may be directed to Charlotte Backey via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.