Each week on Thursday morning, tune in to hear Marlena read aloud from home, practice your letter sounds, and more!
In between Marlena’s Thursday Storytimes, be sure to read aloud everyday and try some sites below in lieu of YDL storytimes.
- Listen to famous actors read children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations at Storyline.
- Watch Emily Arrow on YouTube for stories and songs.
- Authors Everywhere! is another great YouTube channel to tune into.
- Follow the hashtag #ReadTogetherBeTogether on social media to find virtual story times with bestselling and award-winning authors and illustrators.
- Listen to occasional jazz storytimes with Jodi.
- Want even more sites to choose from? Scroll through the Big List of author read alouds published by We Are Teachers!
Don’t forget that you can sign up for YDL’s TALK program to get activity suggestions you can do at home with your little one twice a week to build school readiness skills. And be sure to keep track of the books you’re listening to so we can add them to your 1000 Books Before Kindergarten account when we reopen! Email email@example.com if you have questions.
See past read alouds below!