- This event has passed.
Grieve Well: Understanding Grief Workshop
Monday, September 21 | 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Did you know that there are healthy ways to grieve? The first step is to understand this painful but important part of life.
YDL has teamed up with GrieveWell, a local nonprofit, to offer a presentation on grief and the effects it has on one’s physical and emotional health. You will receive information and resources to help you move through your grief journey in a way that leads toward healing. This presentation is for those who are mourning the death of a loved one, those supporting someone who is grieving, or for those who want more information about grief. Click here to register for this event.
During the webinar you will be given writing prompts. You can download and print the prompts in advance by clicking here.
“We read to know that we are not alone.” — C.S. Lewis
If you need additional support or would like to learn more, visit GrieveWell and check out a few of our recommended readings below. These books and many more can be borrowed from the Ypsilanti District Library; go to our online catalog to check for availability.
Recommended grief reading list (click here to access titles through YDL):
1) A Grief Observed – C.S. Lewis
2) How To Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies – Therese A. Rando
3) Modern Loss – Rebecca Soffer and Gabrielle Brinker
4) Comfort: A Journey Through Grief – Ann Hood
5) It’s OK That You’re Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understand – Megan Devine
6) Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief – David Kessler
7) Resilient Grieving – Lucy Hone