While our buildings remain closed to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, you now have the option of picking up materials using our curbside service. Place new holds, pick up materials for an activity, and more! Details below
Where we’re offering curbside
We’re offering curbside appointments at our Whittaker Road and Michigan Avenue locations. Patrons who want to pick up materials at Superior can use the 24-hour locker pickups.
What you can pick up
When you can make an appointment
Whittaker Road: Curbside appointments are available every 15 minutes Monday through Saturday from 9:30am-12:30pm and 2:30pm-5:30pm
Michigan Avenue: Curbside appointments are available every 15 minutes Monday through Saturday from 9:30am-12:30pm and 2:30pm-5:30pm
Superior: Curbside appointments are available every 15 minutes Monday through Thursday from 9:30am-12pm and Friday and Saturday from 2:30-5pm. You can also use the scheduler to request 24-hour locker pickup.
How it works
- Request a hold. Once you’ve received notification that your hold is ready, proceed to Step 2.
- Use the scheduling links on the right to make an appointment to pick up your items at your preferred location. **Please** do not proceed to this step until you’ve receive notification that your holds are ready to pick up.
- Bring your library card with you at the appointed time and park in one of our curbside pickup spaces.
- Text or call the numbers on the sign to let us know you’re here
- We’ll bring your materials out to the designated pickup area
How we’re being safe
- All items have been quarantined in accordance with CDC guidelines before being put back in circulation.
- Staff are wearing masks when handling any materials.
- You’ll receive your materials in a YDL-branded bag in order to minimize additional contact with the materials.
Ready to schedule your pickup?
If you’ve received your notification that your holds are ready to pick up, click below to schedule an appointment!