Adult Book Groups
Visual Book Club:
Explore visually interesting books, from graphic novels to illustrated editions and adult picture books. Themes vary widely. Meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm at Ypsi Alehouse. Note: book discussions take place off site, and books are available at YDL-Michigan.
African American Authors:
Discuss a mix of fiction and nonfiction books by African American authors. Meets the last Tuesday of the month at 7pm.
Mystery Lovers Book Group:
Covers a variety of subgenres within mysteries: hard-boiled, cozies, police procedural, and suspense. Meets the last Wednesday of the month at 2pm.
Thursday Morning Book Group:
This book club covers a broad ranges of genres, including contemporaries and classics. Meets the first Thursday of the month at 10:30am.
Youth Book Groups
- Kids Book Club: For grades 3-5. Enjoy a snack along with the discussion of the monthly book. Meets the third Thursday of the month at 6:30pm.
- Middle School Graphic Novel Book Club: For grades 6-8. We’ll discuss a different graphic novel each month. Pick up a copy in advance to read before the meeting. Meets the first Thursday of the month at 6:30pm.
- Tween Reading Circle: Ages 9-14. Read a book together over 10 weeks and try activities related to the story. Meets Tuesdays at 5:30pm. Check the events calendar for each season’s exact dates.
- Super Readers: Ages 4-6. Literacy fun for emergent readers. Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm.
- Family Read Chat and Snack Meetups: Kids ages 7 and up and their adults. Twice a year we’ll highlight a great read aloud for school age kids and families to share, then we’ll host conversations led by youth librarians where families can talk about the book. Check the events calendar for details.