Meeting rooms are available for public use at the YDL-Whittaker and YDL-Michigan locations. They range in size from smaller rooms that seat two to ten people to a large Community Room at YDL-Whittaker that can accommodate 80 people.
- All rooms including the Community Room may be booked up to two months in advance from the date of the request, but may not be reserved for "today".
- The Community Room may be booked a maximum of four times per year. Exceptions may be allowed upon approval of the Library Director.
- Reservations for meeting rooms (not the Community room) can be made in four hour increments per day, one room per day.
- Tape, nails, tacks, or push pins MAY NOT be used in any of our rooms.
- A reservation is forfeited if the person reserving the room does not arrive to the room within the first 30 minutes of the reservation.
- Please call 482-4110, ext. 1371 with any questions regarding meeting rooms.
Booking a Meeting Room
The meeting room schedule is subject to change daily. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and during the hours and days YDL is open.
To request a meeting room, at YDL-Michigan or YDL-Whittaker, please complete our online Meeting Room Request form. Once your form is submitted, a YDL staff member will review your request and contact you to confirm room availability. If you need to request a room for a Saturday or Sunday, please be sure to submit your request by 12pm on the prior Friday.
If you wish to reserve the YDL-Whittaker Community Room, download the Community Room Request form, fill out the form, and bring it to YDL-Whittaker along with the room rental fee (cash or check only).
Audio / Visual Equipment
The Library will provide, at no charge, the following equipment upon request (first-come, first-serve):
- Television with VCR/DVD
- Flip chart with easel
- White board with easel
- LCD projector cart with laptop and DVD player (for use only in YDL-Whittaker Community Room)
YDL-Michigan Meeting Rooms
Room 1: Table, 10 chairs
Room 2: Table, 18 chairs
YDL-Whittaker Meeting Rooms
Room 1A : Table, 2 chairs
Room 1B : Table, 2 chairs
Room 1C : Table, 8 chairs
Room 2A : Table, 6 chairs
Room 2B : Table, 4 chairs
YDL-Whittaker Community Room
Use of the Community Room requires a $50.00 per-use fee. The Ypsilanti District Library reserves the right to assess additional compensation for cleaning and damages if required.
Community Room occupancy is determined by the setup. The room can be divided into two rooms, CR-A, and CR-B. The Community Room, (in the CR-A half), has a drop down projection screen and a small kitchen with oven, microwave, sink, and refrigerator.
The Community Room has a fully functional audio system. There are XLR connectors throughout the rooms with an available adapter for other standard connections such as 1/4", 3.5, and RCA. We also have wired microphones for use upon request, subject to availability. Please specify the equipment and connection type you wish to use.
- Theater: Chairs arranged in rows across the room with an aisle down the middle. Maximum for entire room: 80. Maximum for half room 40.
- Classroom: Tables arranged three across with aisles between them, and three chairs per table, facing the front. Maximum for entire room: 18 tables, seating for 54.
- Square: Tables arranged in a square or rectangle with three chairs per table, facing inward. Maximum for entire room: 18 tables, seating for 54.
Guidelines for Use
- The Library does not allow personal/private parties in its Community Room (e.g. showers, retirement, graduation etc.)
- When using a meeting room, no admission may be charged, and products and services may not be advertised, solicited or sold.
- The Ypsilanti District Library assumes and shall bear no responsibility whatever for personal injury to any member, affiliated person, guest, invitee or licensee of the using organization, or for loss of, or injury or damage to any property of the using organization, its members, affiliated person, guests, invitees or licensees.
- The using organization and its individual members, jointly and severally, assume and shall bear full responsibility for loss of, injury or damage to, any property of the Ypsilanti District Library as shall be caused or inflicted by the using organization, its members, affiliated persons, guests, invitees or licensees.
- The using organization shall leave the meeting room and facilities in clean and orderly conditions.
- Light refreshments requiring no cooking may be served.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- No tacks, nails or cellophane tape are to be placed in or on doors, walls or furniture.
Review our Facilities Usage Policy.
The Snow Queen
A heartbroken man turns to religion after seeing a vision in the sky above Central Park, while his musician brother takes drugs he thinks will help him compose a ballad for his seriously ill wife. A darkly luminous new novel from the Pulitzer Prize–winning author of The Hours.