Pick up a supply kit, then get creative at home decorating a mug and making mug cakes.
DECORATE YOUR MUG
Watch a short video, the look at other photos to get ideas about how to decorate your mug.
Wash and dry your mug.
Plan how you’ll use your markers to decorate the mug.
If you want to use a stencil like in the video, cut your shape out of paper and tape it on.
Shake the marker pens well and press the nib up and down several times until you see the paint appear.
Decorate your mug!
Allow paint to dry for 24 hours.
Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes to set the paint. Let cool.
6 Tablespoons of cake mix
4 Tablespoons of water
Whisk ingredients together in the mug until the batter is smooth. Add extras if you have something at home.
Microwave on high for 1 1/2– 1 3/4 minutes. Test with a toothpick to see if if’s ready.
Let cool. Eat!
MORE MUG CAKE IDEAS
See what you have in your refrigerator or pantry to make your cake even tastier.
- Add fruit such as blueberries or peaches to the cake batter before microwaving. Or add fruit to the top of your cake, like strawberry shortcake.
- Try adding chocolate chips or sprinkles to the batter for color and flavor.
- Add crushed up Oreos or other cookies to the batter or on top for unique flavor and texture.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and a bit of zest for lemon cake before microwaving.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, or a tiny bit of nutmeg to the batter to spice it up!
- Stir peanut butter into the batter (with or without chocolate chips).
- Top it with a sprinkle of sugar or a dollop of cream.
- Make frosting by mixing 1/2 Tablespoon of milk and 2 Tablespoons of softened butter into a 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.