As a public agency, YDL is committed to making clear, transparent financial information available to the taxpayers and donors who support the library. Annual Reports also highlight the library’s key accomplishments over the year, and offer insight into the stories of the patrons and staff that are the heart of the library.
Current Annual Report: 2020
Our 2020 Annual Report highlights the paradigm shifts that came as a result of an unprecedented year.
2020 Highlights include:
- Our COVID timeline of events that shows how we reintroduced services to patrons safely and how we developed new ways for people to engage with us.
- Our curbside service, online card applications, and expanded WiFi that let us serve our community more easily when we weren’t able to open our buildings.
- Our very first podcast, Ypsi Stories, where local experts share stories about Ypsilanti’s
- Our virtual Summer Challenge where staff, working from home, developed activities and challenges to help people stay active and engaged.
- Our very first virtual exhibit, NEH For All the World to See, where people could visit our website to view the materials and complete activities that helped them engage with and reflect on the subject.