4:00 – 4:35 pm Perry School
4:50 – 5:25 pm Forrest Knoll Apartments
5:35 – 6:10 pm Chapelle School
6:35 – 7:10 pm Burns Park
7:20 – 7:55 pm Colony Way
4:00 – 4:35 pm Nancy Park
4:50 – 5:25 pm Village Grove Apartments
5:35 – 6:10 pm Tyler & Buick
6:35 – 7:10 pm Lakeshore Apartments
7:20 – 7:55 pm Lakeview Mobile Homes
4:00 – 4:35 pm Devonshire & Russell
4:50 – 5:25 pm Bromley Park (Gotfredson & Avondale)
5:35 – 6:10 pm Oakbrook Park
6:35 – 7:10 pm Ypsilanti International Elementary School
7:20 – 7:55 pm Maplewood & Oaklawn
4:00 – 4:35 pm Christ Temple (off Holmes)
4:50 – 5:25 pm Huron Heights (off Clark)
5:35 – 6:10 pm Witmire & Courtland
6:35 – 7:10 pm Dexter & Eastlawn
7:20 – 7:55 pm Sherman & Wallace
Friday (starting Oct. 20; while the Michigan Ave. branch remains closed)
1:00-5:00pm Parked next to the Michigan Avenue branch on Adams Street*
* When YDL buildings aren’t closed for a holiday. Pending staff availability and weather conditions.
View Schedule »
Contact Monica Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-482-4110 x1316 to request a visit.
Contact Monica Porter at email@example.com or call 734-482-4110 x1316 to request the Bookmobile at a community event.
Sign Up for Bookmobile "Off the Road" Notifications!
If you would like to be informed when the Bookmobile is "off the road," please complete this form.
- To maintain social distancing, a capacity limit is in effect. When the bookmobile is full, staff will ask you to wait outside briefly.
- Masks and hand sanitizer are available onboard.
About the Bookmobile
The Bookmobile is a unique “library on wheels” that brings library materials to people. By taking library service all over our community, the Bookmobile breaks down barriers of unfamiliarity and access, reaching people who cannot get to a library building due to physical, economic, social, or geographic reasons. The primary functions of the bookmobile are to:
- Schedule bookmobile stops in areas with high concentrations of people, according to criteria outlined in the policy statement
- Offer current popular materials and reference information for people of all ages
- Promote basic literacy and a lifelong desire to read
- Present programs to encourage continued use of the library, particularly for children
- Introduce readers to library services
- Provide personalized library service in a cozy, friendly environment
- Generate a positive image of the library as a whole by being highly visible throughout the entire community
The Bookmobile is not a replacement to traditional library services but functions as an alternative outreach service.
The Bookmobile arrived in February of 2008.
- 36′ long, 11′-11″ tall
- Equipped with a seating area for storytimes and book browsing
- Carries over 3,000 books, movies, CDs, and magazines
- For all ages
- Makes an average of 90 stops per month
- Circulates an average of 1,859 items per month
To request an item to be delivered to you at one of our regular stops, please contact a staff member at (734) 482-4110 x1359. Requests must be at least 24 hours before your scheduled stop.
The Bookmobile is able to provide special visits outside of its scheduled stop times. The visits include a tour, an explanation of library services, and materials checked out if needed. Some examples include Downtown Halloween, Touch a Truck, preschools, daycares, public, and private schools.
Off Road Conditions
Occasionally, the Bookmobile will be out of service for maintenance, holiday closings, or inclement weather. Status updates will be posted on this page and on Facebook. You may also call us at (734) 482-4110 x1359 to check the status of the Bookmobile. If you would like to be called or emailed when the Bookmobile is going to miss its stop in your neighborhood, please call or email us.
If you have any questions regarding the YDL Bookmobile service please telephone us at (734) 482-4110 x1359 or email us.