The Friends of YDL will gladly accept your donation of gently-used books, DVDs, and music CDs.
Tips for dropping off your donations:
The Friends volunteers sort books from 9:30-11am each Wednesday.
- If you are dropping books off at the YDL-Whittaker loading dock, they must be contained in boxes or bags.
- Donations are limited to six (6) bags or boxes of books or materials. Please contact a Friends board member if your donation exceeds 6 bags to see whether the Friends of YDL is able to process a donation at this time.
- If dropping off MORE than one bag/box, please bring it to the YDL-Whittaker loading dock between 9:30 and 11am on Wednesdays.
- Donations of one bag/box or less may be dropped off at YDL-Whittaker whenever the library is open.
We do not accept donations of:
- VHS tapes
- Textbooks more than five years old
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Computer books more than five years old
- Books with covers torn off (hardbound books without dust jackets are accepted)
- Moldy, wet, or mildewed books
- Books with missing pages
We accept donations of:
- Most books (see except those noted above)
- Music CDs
- DVD and BluRay movies