Our New LibraryA vision for library service in Superior Township & Willow Run
The 7,500 square foot building will be a full-service library, with hours and staffing similar to the Michigan Avenue location. The facility will offer:
- A youth area with flexible space that can be adapted to a range of learning activities and programs for different ages
- A dedicated teen/tween area
- Two group study rooms
- Comfortable seating for reading and studying
- A community meeting room for Library programs and meetings of community groups
- 20 computer workstations (compared to seven at the current library)
- Triple the current number of books, magazines, and DVDs
- More parking spaces
- An outdoor reading area and programming space, if the budget allows
- A drive-up book return available 24 hours seven days a week, if the budget allows
Where will the new library be located?
The new facility will be located on North Harris Road, between Geddes and MacArthur Boulevard. It will be built on two and a half acres of a 12-acre lot, purchased by Superior Township.
The new building will be a 5 minute walk from the current library location, placing it within walking distance for residents the MacArthur Boulevard apartment communities as well as the Oakbrook subdivision. It is also within an easy drive for most Superior Township and Willow Run residents.
Feedback sessions were held January 8 and 9, 2019, where patrons reviewed the concept plans and offered comments. Additional comments were accepted online until January 31. Our staff and architects are considering these comments and the revised plans will be posted when they are available.
If you have questions or feedback about the new library, please contact Library Director Lisa Hoenig at 734-879-1300 or email@example.com.