Our New LibraryA vision for library service in Superior Township & Willow Run
The 7,800 square foot building will be a full-service library, with hours and staffing similar to the Michigan Avenue location. The facility will offer:
- A youth area with flexible space that can be adapted to a range of learning activities and programs for different ages
- A dedicated teen/tween area
- Two group study rooms
- Comfortable seating for reading and studying
- A community meeting room for Library programs and meetings of community groups
- 22 computer workstations (compared to seven at the current library)
- Triple the current number of books, magazines, and DVDs
- More parking spaces
- An outdoor reading area and programming space, if the budget allows
- A drive-up book return available 24 hours seven days a week, if the budget allows
Where will the new library be located?
The new facility will be located at 1900 Harris Road, between Geddes and MacArthur Boulevard.
The new building is a 5 minute walk from the current library location, placing it within walking distance for residents the MacArthur Boulevard apartment communities as well as the Oakbrook subdivision. It is also within an easy drive for most Superior Township and Willow Run residents.
Support from Community Organizations
LEADER ($100,000 and up)
The Young Family Foundation
James W. and Marla J. Gousseff Fund
An Anonymous Foundation donor
FELLOW ($50,000 – $99,999)
PATRON ($10,000 – $49,999)
Song Family Fund
James R. & Anita Horne Jenkins Fund
The Petersen Family Fund
The Kennedy Family
Tuesday Book Club
DONOR ($1,000 – $1,999)
The Mosaic Foundation (of R. & P. Heydon)
Palm Leaf Club
LaRue Clarke Family Fund
Radney Management and Investments, Inc.
To Contribute to the New Library:
There are several ways you can contribute to the New Superior Library:
- Click here to donate to our Next Chapter campaign
- Mail a check payable to Ypsilanti District Library to: YDL / 5577 Whittaker Rd / Ypsilanti, MI 48197 and indicate Next Chapter in the notes field
- Contact the Library Director for sponsorship and naming opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 879-1300.
If you have questions or feedback about the new library, please contact Library Director Lisa Hoenig at 734-879-1300 or email@example.com.