24-HOUR LOCKER PICKUP:
In addition to curbside pickup, YDL-Superior offers after-hours pickup. You may pick up your requested items in a locker outside the front door. When your requested materials arrive, schedule a pickup slot. If you choose locker pickup, your items will be checked out to you and placed in a locker for 48 hours.
When you arrive to pick your items,
- Scan your library card or enter the last 7 digits of your library card number.
- Retrieve your items from the door that opens. Press “done” on the touchpad.
- If you have a large quantity of items, you may have more than one door. After you press “done,” the next door will open.
- Close the locker door.
Materials placed in a locker will be available for the next 48 hours. If you are unable to retrieve your materials within 48 hours, notify library staff before they are due to expire. Staff can arrange with you for pickup on another day. Expired items are checked in and returned to their original locations.
YDL-Superior staff can be reached at 734-879-1310.
The Whittaker Road and Michigan Avenue libraries have Self-Checkout machines that allow borrowers to check out their own items quickly and easily. Step-by-step instructions are displayed on an easy-to-use touch screen.
- Verify your privileges.
- Check-out all materials, except for Playaway audio books and DVDs in large security cases.
- Desensitize items.
- Print or email date due slips.
- An unlocking device for DVDs & CDs is located next to the Shelf-Checkout machines.