Apply for a Classroom Card
To apply for a classroom card, visit any YDL location to fill out an application. Please bring a photo ID and proof of school employment such as a pay stub or ID card.
Classroom Cards at YDL
Teachers are eligible for a Classroom Library Card if they teach in the Ypsilanti Community Schools, Lincoln Consolidated Schools, or any other public, private, or charter school in the YDL service area.
Classroom Cards include special borrowing privileges to make it easy for teachers to bring books into your classroom, including:
- No limits on the number of items that can be checked out
- No late fees (charges will still be assessed for lost items)
- Four-week checkout period (does not apply to MeLCat items)
To apply for a teacher card, ask for an application at any YDL location. Please bring a recent paycheck stub or ID from the school where you work, along with a valid photo ID that shows your current address. Classroom Cards are valid for one year.
Limitations & policies:
- The card is only to be used for classroom checkouts. As an employee in our service area, you are also eligible for a personal library card with YDL.
- Items checked out on your classroom card must remain at school; please do not send them home with students.
- While there are no overdue fees for checkouts, you are personally responsible for any lost or damaged items.